COORDINATOR, GOVERNMENT RELATIONS
Business Unit: Government Relations
Reports to: Director, Government Relations
Status: Full-time, Ongoing
The Coordinator, Government Relations provides administrative and relationship management assistance to the Government Relations team. This position assists in supporting the fundraising cycle for government prospects and donors including: identification, research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities.
The Coordinator, Government Relations reports to the Director, Government Relations with a focus on supporting Government Relations activities.
This position also provides support to the Consultant, Government Relations and works closely with the Resource Development (RD) team and the Office of Rick Hansen (ORH) team. The Coordinator also collaborates with RHF staff and external parties.
ALL STAFF: KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
As an integral member of the RHF team and as expected of all staff, this position actively participates with:
- Organizational Culture: Contributes in regular sessions, develops goals, supports and implements action plans.
- Identifies audiences including key decision makers/influencers. Assists with drafting supporting materials including correspondence, briefing notes, submissions and presentations to elected and non-elected government officials;
- Monitors the political landscape including issues and stakeholder mapping, as required;
- Conducts research on relevant public policy, legislative, regulatory and political issues;
- Keeps current with the political landscape at all levels;
- Assists with Government Relations budget including forecasting and review;
- Prepares expense claim reconciliations, purchase orders, and contract approval forms and other items for Finance. Also includes submitting invoices for processing;
- Coordinates meetings/briefings with key stakeholders. Includes the following support: handles logistical details for meetings; coordinates pre-and post-meeting strategy sessions; and drafts summaries and provides debriefs for internal use;
- Prepares and distributes agendas, materials and minutes for meetings and committees;
- Liaises between the Director, Government Relations and RD team to ensure board, operational and financial reports are received, reviewed and submitted on time;
- Creates, updates and implements lobby registration process, as per jurisdiction;
- Maintains Director’s calendar and schedule including planning and scheduling meetings, calls, and travel;
- Assists with the developing positive relationships with key government staff at all levels of government;
- Develops internal procedures and business processes for Salesforce for Government Relations;
- Maintains all Government Relations stakeholder contacts and information in Salesforce;
- Coordinates internal activities. Includes follows-up and completion of action items;
- Updates, organizes, and maintains electronic and hard copy files/records;
- Works on special projects, as required and assigned;
- Serves as back-up coverage for the executive coordination assistance and other administrative positions, as required;
- Takes on special projects and other duties as assigned by the Director, Government Relations;
- Receives, sorts and distributes confidential mail;
- Maintains the highest level of accountability, confidentiality, disclosure and discretion; and
- Performs other related duties in keeping with the purpose and accountabilities of the job.
Education: University degree in Political Science preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3-4 years of related experience providing administrative/coordinative support to management;
- Computer experience required including proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
- Experience with government an asset;
- Experience with Salesforce an asset; and
- Knowledge of issues and information relating to disabilities an asset.
- Effective oral communication with the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with others;
- Effective written communication including proficiency with grammar, spelling and punctuation, and the ability to compose clear, concise business correspondence;
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills;
- Effective relationship management skills including building and maintaining relationships;
- Ability to deal with the pressure of competing priorities and remain flexible and adaptable;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; and
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment.
An equivalent combination of education, experience and skills/behaviours will be considered.
RHF is a dynamic, challenging and rewarding place to work; our success begins with our people.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve and highly encourage qualified candidates with disabilities to apply. If you are interested in being a part of our innovative team and are passionate about making a difference, we hope that you will consider a career with us.