RELATIONSHIP SPECIALIST, OFFICE OF RICK HANSEN
Business Unit: Office of Rick Hansen
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Office of Rick Hansen
Term: Full-time, Ongoing
Location: RHF Office in Richmond, BC
Founded on the legacy of Rick Hansen’s Man In Motion World Tour, the Rick Hansen Foundation (RHF) is a Canadian registered charity with the vision of creating a fully inclusive and accessible world where people with disabilities are living to their full potential. Through our programs and partnerships, we break down barriers for people with disabilities by changing attitudes, creating accessible spaces and inspiring an inclusive society.
The Relationship Specialist, Office of Rick Hansen (ORH), is responsible for managing and tracking the Founder & CEO’s portfolio of key relationships, and helping foster high levels of engagement crucial to the success of the Foundation’s outreach.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, ORH, the Relationship Specialist works closely with the Founder & CEO, the ORH team, and the Executive Team. This position liaises internally and externally with key stakeholders.
Please note that some travel may be required as well as flexibility on hours of work.
- Supports/leverages Founder & CEO engagement to maximize ROI. Understands Founder & CEO role; identifies target opportunities against ROI; helps secure opportunities; prepares Founder & CEO for success in the engagement; supports the event/engagement; ensures appropriate follow up; and measures impact;
- Creates and manages the Founder & CEO’s relationship database and network accounts (e.g., Salesforce and personal contacts list) in order to honour and nurture current and future relationships, and have strategic engagement through multiple channels;
- Cultivates a deep understanding of RHF’s key markets and relationships;
- Coordinates and liaises with stakeholders, key prospects, senior corporate/government/public sector executives, donors and board members on behalf of the Founder & CEO;
- Supports the Founder & CEO’s work with external organizations and community relationships;
- Follows-up on contacts made by the Founder & CEO and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships;
- Works closely with the Founder & CEO to keep him informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities;
- Works with the Executive Team, liaises with the Sr. Manager, ORH, to ensure the Founder & CEO has appropriate briefing materials in advance of meetings/events with key relationships;
- Drafts correspondence and edits a variety of documents on behalf of the Founder & CEO;
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in all Founder & CEO relationships;
- Performs special projects as required; and
Performs other duties related to the qualifications and requirements of the job.
Education: Post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution in a relevant field.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a related administrative role;
- Proven track record of building and developing long term relationships;
- Previous experience working with senior executives;
- Computer experience required, including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Previous database (Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce) and communications experience; and
- Knowledge of issues related to disabilities would be considered an asset.
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to create and nurture relationships with stakeholders, key prospects, external partners, senior executives, and donors;
- Strong problem-solving; administrative management, attention to detail and organizational planning/tracking skills;
- Excellent portfolio management skills and the ability to capture and display data effectively;
- High degree of professionalism and strict adherence to maintaining confidentiality and privacy;
- Ability to work both independently and as a highly resourceful team player;
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks seamlessly; and
A strong ability to adapt and be flexible in a very fast-paced environment.
An equivalent combination of education, experience and skills/behaviours will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
RHF is a dynamic, challenging and rewarding place to work; our success begins with our people.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve and highly encourage qualified candidates with disabilities to apply. If you are interested in being a part of our innovative team and are passionate about making a difference, we hope that you will consider a career with us.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply quoting competition #2018-31 by December 5, 2018. While we thank all applications for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information on the Rick Hansen Foundation, please visit our website at www.rickhansen.com